Stuffed peppers with lamb, quinoa & lemon
- 1/3 cup Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 70 g Lean ground lamb
- 1/2 Zucchini, trimmed and shredded
- 1 tbsp Rinsed and finely chopped Moroccan-style preserved lemon (remove white pith before chopping)
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Dried currants
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Large red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed salad greens, for serving
- Combine the quinoa and 2⁄3 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the quinoa, lamb, zucchini, preserved lemon, parsley, currants, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the bell pepper halves and place them on the baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the peppers are tender. Serve with the salad leaves alongside.