Vegetable beef bolognaise stack
- 500 g
cooked beef bolognaise: https://gi-dev.bitecom.com.au/recipe/bolognaise-base-recipe/
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced into ½ cm rounds
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, thinly sliced into ½ cm moons
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 60 g baby spinach
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Baby rocket leaves, grape tomatoes, quartered, to serve
- Preheat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray both sides of eggplant, pumpkin and capsicum and char-grill vegetables, in batches,for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender and lightly charred. Set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile,place bolognaise in a medium saucepan and reheat over medium-low heat for 3-4minutes.
- On serving plates layer char-grilled vegetables, baby spinach and beef bolognaise to create a stack. Top with feta, season with ground pepper and serve with babyrocket and grape tomatoes.
- Char-grill sweet potato, zucchini or mushrooms to mix up the vegetables in the stack.
- You could also layer the char-grilled vegetables and bolognaise in a baking dish topped with grated mozzarella or bechamel sauce for a more traditional lasagne style dish (minus the pasta). Bake in the oven at 180°C (160°fan-forced) for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Swap feta for ricotta, goats’ cheese, parmesan or pecorino; add some toasted pine nuts and basil to the top of the stack for extra flavour.