Roast lamb salad sandwich
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (we used red and green)
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 8 slices Low GI multigrain sourdough bread
- 6 tbs 120g hummus
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 400 g cooked sliced roast lamb
- 2 tbs basil pesto
- Small basil leaves & lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine yoghurt and lemon in a bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and sesame seeds. Toss gently to coat.
- Spread each slice bread with 3 teaspoons hummus. Top with lettuce, cabbage salad (1/2 cup/60g) and lamb.
- Spoon over pesto, season with pepper. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
- If you have leftover roast vegetables, roughly chop them and place on sandwich instead of cabbage salad.
- Chop any leftover lamb and vegetables and pile onto a wrap spread with hummus or eggplant dip or beetroot dip. Top with rocket or baby spinach. Delicious as is or toasted in a sandwich press.